Shop Local and Treat Your Loved Ones This Season
For the third consecutive holiday season the team is delighted to bring another edition of the SW Lake Annual Gift Guide. This is a representative list from some of the best locally owned retailers in the area. Your support of family businesses is vital to the overall economic health of the region. We’ve worked with each of the shop owners to curate a list to suit a wide cross-section of gift recipients; moms, dads, kids, grandparents and grandkids. There are even gift suggestions here perfect for pets, workmates or a gracious a host for a holiday party.
1) Platinum ring with 1.82ct Colombian emerald, flanked by trillion diamonds and 1.83ct of round brilliant diamonds: $24,600 at Timothy Grant Jewelry.
2) 14k yellow gold infinity inspired bracelet with 1.12ct of round brilliant diamonds: $4,283 at Timothy Grant Jewelry.
3) Sterling silver circle necklace with 18k rose gold plated accents: $240 at Timothy Grant Jewelry.
4) “St. Nicholas,” one of the 2019 Holiday Limited Edition Memory Blocks from the Studio of Sid Dickens: $107 at Epilogue Arts.
5) Functional ceramics for nature lovers. Mugs, tumblers, bud vases and more feature a range of nature themes: starting at $24 at Epilogue Arts.
6) “Life is too short for matching socks!” Handmade in the US for babies, kids and grown-ups: From $19.50 to $21.50 at Epilogue Arts.
7) Stylish and warm plaid gloves with smart touch: $25 at LUXE wearhouse.
8) Joy Susan mini-clutch that can also convert to a crossbody and wristlet: $38 at LUXE wearhouse.
9) Scout wrap/bracelet that chicly converts from a wrap bracelet to necklace: $28 at LUXE wearhouse.
10) Thymes Frasier Fir 6.5 oz aromatic candle. A customer favorite: $xx at LUXE wearhouse.
11) Colorful statement earring perfect for accessorizing your holiday outfit: $25 at LUXE wearhouse.
12) Mege’ve Eau de Toilette combines scents of grapefruit, tonka beans and vetiver to create give it the smell of mountain air: $185 (3.4 oz bottle) at The Gent’s Place.
13) Proraso beard balm is formulated to ease the itch or discomfort and nourish and condition beards, while smelling fantastic: $18 (3.4 oz bottle) at The Gent’s Place.
14) Rascal body lotion treats dry skin without leaving a greasy film. Made with sunflower, Jojoba and avocado oils. Paraben free and never tested on animals: $28 (13.5 oz) at The Gent’s Place.
15) Two-in-one Snak Shak Treats for rabbits, guinea pigs and chinchillas are healthy treats made from seeds and alfalfa: $3 at Main St. Pet Boutique.
16) Uncle Jimmy’s Hanging Ball is the perfect healthy treat to keep a horse from getting too bored. Made from apples and seeds. $20 at Main St. Pet Boutique.
17) Green Dollhouse with furnishings from Plan Toys made from sustainable wood. Kids 3+ years learn about wind turbine & solar energy, as well as recycling bins, a rain barrel, a biofacade, and more: $250 at Happki, a new toy store Deer Park Town Center.
18) Zigolos Ostrich Stacker is a wooden and felt toy with 6 large pieces to stack to recreate a wonderful ostrich with a little chick tucked away in a shell. Made with 100% FSC Certified wood resources: $22 from Happki, a new toy store in Deer park Town Center.
19) The delicious seasonal scent of Pumpkin Spice Soufflé can waft through your home with this candle from Gabriel John Candles’ Secret Garden Collection. $22 at Threads Boutique.
20) Stay comfy in this wool blend poncho from Look by M and these festive handmade mittens from Woolly Mittens and More. Poncho: $38, Mittens, $38; both at Threads Boutique.
21) Keep your cards and cash at the ready, but safe and secure in style with these RFID-safe wallets from Secrid made in Holland: $90 at Threads Boutique.
Where to Get It
· Timothy Grant Jewelry, 927 S. Rand Road (Lake Zurich) and 10 S. Roselle Road (Schaumburg), 847.726.1556: TimothyGrants.com.
· Epilogue Art, 130 Old McHenry Road (Long Grove), 847.383.5912: EpilogueArt.com.
· LUXE wearhouse, 20771 N. Rand Road (Kildeer), 847.438.4880: LUXEwearhouse.com.
· The Gent’s Place, 21720 W. Long Grove Road (Deer Park), 855.338.0027: TheGentsPlace.com.
· Main Street Pet Boutique, 118 S. Main Street (Wauconda): 847.865.5666.
· Happki, 21540 W. Field Parkway (Deer Park), 847.376.2732: Happki.com.
· Threads Boutique, 118 S. Main Street (Wauconda), 847.526.2058: ThreadsForAll.com.