Even though by publishing standards SW Lake Lifestyle is a relative youngster, it’s fulfilling to know we are establishing new traditions in sharing good news about the communities we call home.
In this issue we proudly present the Second Annual Best of SW Lake Awards, a program that honors the very best companies around, as determined by the good folks we serve.
Sprawled across several pages you will see profiles on companies in 24 different categories. This is the second year we’ve conducted this program, which works like this:
- 1. We announce that nominations are open.
- 2. Readers-only nominate their favorite businesses using our web collector.
- 3. We verify the legitimacy of each nominated business.
- 4. A web-based voting platform is set up.
- 5. Readers and fans of the nominated businesses vote for only one company in each category.
- 6. Each award-winning company is honored by SW Lake Lifestyle.
The results speak for themselves. In this issue you will learn about great new places to dine or be entertained, shop, hire service providers and get fit. Heck, you can use the Best of SW Lake Awards to solve an argument. By all means, patronize the companies honored here—you and your neighbors chose them as the very best.
We’ve also curated more interesting photos and stories here that explore life in SW Lake County. As always we hope you peruse and enjoy our pages dedicated to positive local news that is useful, helpful and informative.
Michael Beightol, Publisher
ON THE COVER: Wind Sculptures by Lyman Whitaker
PHOTO: Tobin Fraley